I feel guilty about not posting much this month. I've been getting adjusted to the kids school schedules, and all of the following:
Church - and all that it entails---good of course
YMCA swimming with the kids
Basketball for Cory
The Scout Freezeout - Getting Nicolas Ready
The Youth Temple Trip - Cory and Nicolas
Homework - kids
Housework
Schoolwork - mine
The cat being sick
Work - the normal stuff
Work - the leadership academy
Work - the staff nurse council
I know I'm missing plenty of details, but sometimes my mind blocks out the weight of all of the above and I just plow forward with my blinders on. Bright spots....all of the above. Just wish I had a little more energy. I feel like our 14 year old siamese...all I want is a spot of sun and my food served to me!
The trip to VA Beach was wonderful. Tabb planned the entire thing. I loved his initative. I'm especially grateful to my dear mother in-law for letting us use the condo. Highlights from the weekend....we were alone, the beach was beautiful although very cold, we were alone! We ate at a restaurant we last went to 30 years ago.....Steinie's......very quaint, very expensive, but the food left alot to be desired. I made the faux pax of asking why my lemon was covered in a fabric with a pretty green bow. You can tell I don't get out much. Tabb politely,....okay....with hysterical laughter told me that the fabric was to keep the lemon juice from my hands when squeezing it on my too raw scallops. I also used the wrong fork. Oh ...the horror of it all!! We had a much better time the next day at a mexican restaurant with all you can eat chips and salsa. My kind of place!!!
On the way home, we stopped in Williamsburg to visit with Audrey...Tabb's Mom. We enjoyed the visit....it's always wonderful to spend time together. Upon arriving home, we were greeted by 5 excited kids, and a not too badly destroyed house. Mom and Marlin had a beautiful silver anniversary clock sent to us. It's beautiful! 30 Years......it's gone by a little too fast. The next day we celebrated Daniel's 25th birthday with dinner out and cake. My baby is getting old like me. So....2009....let the adventure's begin. Good health to all.....good choices to all....and a little fun mixed in. Enjoy the photos!!! Oh .... did I mention I finally achieved one of my "bucket list" items ..... a polar dip in the Atlantic Ocean. When I got out, Tabb ran away with my towel....how's that for love and devotion. To be honest...I started crying. I couldn't breathe. The polar dip is not as exciting as I thought it would be.
2 comments:
Congratulations!! I'm so proud of you for taking the polar dip! What a woman!
Your pictures are soooo cute! Congratulations on this amazing milestone (30 big ones).
For the first time in 3 yrs I'm not taking any classes & so far I'm not missing it!
Hope we can get together soon if your busy schedule permits.
Love you lots,
T
Post a Comment