Thursday, August 20, 2009

Bike Trip Gone Bad!









Okay...I try not to be an overprotective Mom...really...it's true! Boys will be boys....accidents happen. My 12 year old went on a scout bike trip, fell into a ditch, and the fall was so hard that it knocked his helmet off and left him with 2 huge knots on both his face and head. His face hit on a pipe. He also had multiple bruises and scrapes on one side of his body. The bike trip continued...he finished....go Nicolas! He came home in tears, in pain, and sick to his stomach. I'm counting to ten...breathing in and out.....and trying not to be a mother bear.

I'm grateful wearing a helmet started early with Nicolas.

1 comment:

Daniel and Robin said...

Please tell Nicolas we love him and will be visiting him when he's feeling up to company and things aren't too busy for you guys. And thanks too for your sweet note on our blog the other day.