That's my new motto! The girls and I went to stay at Tabb's Mom, Audrey's, condo on the oceanfront. It was wonderful of her to let us stay there and it was a much needed rest from the hectic pace of our lives. We drove the 4 hr trip to the beach, turned onto Birdneck Road (the turnoff to the beach), and as is tradition, rolled down the windows, and waited for the ocean smell to reach us!! That's always exciting, especially when you see Neptune holding his triton while guarding the coast. I had checked the weather before arriving and it was supposed to be mild with a few showers. It turned out to be just a wee bit different - try torrential rains with gale force winds, rip tides, and cold temperatures. The first day was all sunshine. Thank goodness the girls got a chance to go into the ocean because that was about it for the trip. Now...for a very brief summary of the trip's challenges 1) The weather; 2) Melissa losing her $200 glasses in the surf; 3) Melissa shutting her finger in an automatic door; 4) A dead car battery - thanks to a game system plugged in overnight; 5) A one mile walk (in the rain) with a 40 lb battery on my back - okay, I give up...I will get AAA; 6) my very first kidney stone attack.
Now for the blessings 1) The weather - we spent alot of time together. I love my kids!; 2) Melissa needed new glasses anyway; 3) Melissa's finger could have been broken, but I got the door opened fast; 4) A wonderful man at the service station charged the battery and drove me back to my car - I also proved that I could walk with a battery on my back. Well...maybe that's not a good thing; 6) The kidney stone - I'm still in too much pain to find anything pleasant about this experience. 7) I really missed my husband - I'm not very good without him. He knows how to say the right thing (most of the time) to lift my spirits. 8) I got to spend time with my mother in-law...she's an incredible person and one the most giving people I've ever known.
Enjoy the photos.....
2 comments:
What a trip! I'm so sorry for the bad things that happened - esp your kidney stone. Ouch! But I'm glad you've learned from it, I guess. :)
I am so sorry about your kidney stones! REALLY? That is terrible and I can't think of a good thing from that - but the rest of the trip sound interesting and NOT boring!
Post a Comment