Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year!! Always a time for reflection at the first of the year; so here goes:

Resolution #1:
More Family time - I mean meaningful Family Time. Our Family Home Evenings will be better planned versus the random stuff we throw together. Randomness can be fun, but I want the kids to remember FHE as a priority.

#2:
Family Fitness: Yes...I really mean it this time. The kids all got bikes (with helmets)....now Mom and Dad need to find a bike and get moving. We've already begun our fitness routine at the Y but more is needed!

#3
Asthma Education: The entire family needs to get on board with what to do for Melissa. Her fear that she'll stop breathing is gaining momentum in her mind. I think if the entire family is educated, we'll be able to gather around her and provide the security she needs. Currently she believes that Mom is the only one who can help her. Don't get me going about her taking 4 adult strength Tylenol without my knowledge...she thought it would help her feel better. Or the time she took "who knows how many puffs" of albuterol before I stopped her. Yes...locking the medicines would be good, but I think education is better. She's got to be able to stop an attack before it hits. I'm not always at her side.

#4
Visiting Teaching
Did you hear me sigh??? I love it, but I'm just rotten at it. My heart wants to do better, but my schedule is like weights around my legs. Yes...I know...it's all about priorities. My priorities are in such a delicate balance that one push in any direction collapses the whole structure. But...I will do better...promise!

#5
Temple Attendance
The blessings of the temple are only 25 minutes away.....still hard to believe!

#6
School: Finally have a plan: I've slowed the train down. I'm taking 2 easy peasy classes this semester. Then this summer - math and communications. Fall - the dreaded statistics class. May 2011 - complete the BSN requirements. Then ...hmmmmm......Master's in Nursing Infomatics possibly. During this year, I'll finish my work on the system-wide Staff Nurse Council and possibly work on a national public health initiative concerning discharge education of NICU parents. There's an opportunity through UNC Chapel Hill to collaborate with national leaders to further this initiative. Sounds fun and most importantly, an amazing opportunity to help parents.

#7
Somehow arrange a reunion for my side of the family...airfare for our crew will be an issue, but a little planning and saving might help.


Love you all!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just an anonymous person passing through your blog. I know one of my tops goals is to spend more one on one time with my spouse and more regular date nights. Though you did not mention much about your spouse.....you must have a great one!!

Tabb and Michelle said...

Nice Try Tabb (anonymous)!!