Day 2 of school for the kids: Day 1 was on Friday (what's up with that??) Anyway...I lived in fear of Day 2. The first day was tremendously difficult for Melissa. She had not attended a full day of school since the first of January. Friday was overwhelming for her as she began middle school. It was overwhelming for Mom and Dad too!!! We were not overly optimistic that she could handle the crazy environment of middle school....she fell apart after school. Talk about fervant prayer....I pleaded with the Lord to give her the strength to handle school. Our prayers were answered!!! The Lord sent his angels in abundance to that middle school. I'm reminded of the scripture in the Doctrine and Covenants 84:88 (actually it is my favorite scripture)... "I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about, to bear you up." Today was an incredible day. She was surrounded by loving and caring teachers who patiently explained everything. They even gave Melissa one teacher to just be with her during the transition to school. At the end of the day, her teachers were so excited about her progress. She actually participated and successfully completed the day. For the next several days they have arranged a different student each day to eat lunch with her. Now she can have friends! We have such gratitude to ALL of the people who have surrounded our daughter and family. This will be a loooong week for her; so pray for her to have the strength to handle the return to school. I can 't wait to see her have fun and enjoy school again!
Katie and Nicolas are troopers...as usual. Katie loves, loves, loves her new teacher. Nicolas is cautious and reserves his opinion. However, I think he's going to have a great year!!
A few fun photos.....don't you just love the view from the window!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment