Friday, September 17, 2010

Day 6 of Vacation - Boo Hoooooo!!!























It's been such a fun vacation with the girls!! Each day was special. We couponed our way .... looking for discounts on everything including checking out books from the library. The library has become one of our favorite beach activities along with the usual swimming, walking, staying up late, eating frozen juice bars, and cuddling while watching the ocean.
Today we used a coupon to go to Ben and Jerry's....in front of us in line was a man and his son. I offered him an extra coupon that I had. The woman behind the counter said out loud (with about 20 people in line)...."Do you know what happens when you share coupons?" I could tell by her evil frown that it wasn't good. So I quietly said, "I don't get to use my coupon?" She said..."that's right!" I looked her right in the eye and said loudly...."That wasn't very kind of you!" Couldn't think of something more clever to say. I quietly told the girls..."Let's go." They didn't complain one little bit...I was really proud of them. Melissa looked at me and said, "Mom, that lady wasn't very nice." I talked with the girls about what good customer service is and how we should behave if we're the recipient of bad service. I'll admit...I've "lost it" before....I'm sure the vacuum cleaner store remembers me well!! Anyway...we went to another Ben and Jerry's 10 blocks away. No one was in the store. I asked the owner if she owned the other store...she did! I told her our experience and she apologized profusely. After thanking her for listening, and after thanking her for the free ice cream, we left the store. It was a great experience for the girls!!
Other than that fun experience, our last day was spent tiding up the condo, feeding birds (the girls were hysterical....literally....you would think they were reliving Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds." I'm ready to go home! My mom called and said my sister is having emergency abdominal surgery tonight. Doesn't feel right to be vacationing when someone I love is going through something as scary as surgery......Carolyn...I love you and all will be well!! Tabb....we're coming HOME!!! (change the litter box please). .....love you.





No comments: