Sacrament Meeting was exceptionally wonderful today!! It was our Christmas program. I've never heard our Ward Choir sound so "angelic." It was hard not to tear up and still see the words of the music. I have always found that music reaches my soul more profoundly than words. There's a testimony of the Lord's love for us through the amazing gift of harmonizing voices. I know that sounds kind of silly, but have you ever heard a perfectly blended chorus and you were unable to single out one voice? To me, that's one of the incredible experiences of listening to music. When you sing in a chorus, one of the most wonderful experiences is looking for the nuances in the performance of the music and then taking it to another level. I'll probably never be satisfied with what I've already experienced in music performance....I'm always wanting more!!! One of my most favorite pieces is "O Magnum Mysterium." I'll try and link it to my blog so you can fall in love with it as well. The performance is from a group I have performed with "The NC Master Choral."
Here's a wonderful quote ....thank you Katie....it really touched my heart!! (By Elder Christofferson).
Moral discipline is the consistent exercise of agency to choose the right because it is right, even when it is hard. It rejects the self-absorbed life in favor of developing character worthy of respect and true greatness through Christlike service (see Mark 10:42–45). The root of the word discipline is shared by the word disciple, suggesting to the mind the fact that conformity to the example and teachings of Jesus Christ is the ideal discipline that, coupled with His grace, forms a virtuous and morally excellent person.
No comments:
Post a Comment