 |
| Smoochie, smooch.... |
 |
| Relaxing in a mineral bath in Hot Springs, NC |
 |
| Melissa's room at school |
 |
<>

>
Sweet horse at her school |
 |
| She's looking so grown up with her hair straightened |
 |
| Wild Turkeys everywhere! |
 |
| Asheville Academy in Springtime |
Tabb and I went to Melissa's school in Asheville for our first family visit - April 6 - 10th. It was really emotional for all of us, but so reassuring that she is thriving and happy. There are sad moments when she is homesick or has flashbacks, but the support is right there and they are able to help her quickly bounce back. She loves school and is doing very, very well. She enjoys fencing and soccer. Each morning she gets up and helps to feed the ducks, chickens, and horses. Then the girls walk to school. Since the classes are so small, she gets lots of one on one teaching. It is helping her catch up. But most importantly, she's not overwhelmed by all the noise and social nonsense of middle school. We are going up to Asheville this weekend. We're renting a cabin and bringing Katie with us. The girls will have such a great time together. They haven't seen each other since February. I'm looking so forward to sitting by the campfire, relaxing in the hot tub, and cooking for my family. I don't even need a school book - since I am done with school!!
No comments:
Post a Comment