I can't begin to tell you how cold it was Saturday morning! Melissa had to be in the parade starting area by 8:30 am. It was 22 degrees - the coldest parade day in 30 years! Did I complain....no......did I want to complain.....yes! I was so cold. You couldn't drink hot chocolate because there's no where to go potty. The cold went right through our blankets. Katie and I stood in the sun and made shadow puppets. When I picked up Melissa at the end of the parade she was crying and said she couldn't feel her fingers. At the end of the parade we dashed to the nearest Golden Corral (with our lovely "hat hair") and ate every warm food we could find!!! Oh the inhumanity of it all! By the way....the pictures of the kids in uniform are all from our Ward
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Raleigh Christmas Parade
I can't begin to tell you how cold it was Saturday morning! Melissa had to be in the parade starting area by 8:30 am. It was 22 degrees - the coldest parade day in 30 years! Did I complain....no......did I want to complain.....yes! I was so cold. You couldn't drink hot chocolate because there's no where to go potty. The cold went right through our blankets. Katie and I stood in the sun and made shadow puppets. When I picked up Melissa at the end of the parade she was crying and said she couldn't feel her fingers. At the end of the parade we dashed to the nearest Golden Corral (with our lovely "hat hair") and ate every warm food we could find!!! Oh the inhumanity of it all! By the way....the pictures of the kids in uniform are all from our Ward
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment